This includes access to all videos, written materials, sheet music and best of all- personal feedback from the instructor on every one of the 10 lessons that are a part of this class!
When you register and pay for the class you get immediate access- start learning to DJ now!
Lesson 1: Getting Started with the Art of DJing!
- The philosophy, concepts and goals for making DJ mix
Lesson 2: Using the Rekordbox Digital Software
- The ins & outs of the software
- Uploading tracks, categorizing songs, making playlists and setting cue points
Lesson 3: Understanding Your Gear and the Math of Music
- The basics of the media players
- How to count and overlap songs into a mix
Lesson 4: Making Your First Mix Between Tracks
- Putting your first two songs together, smoothly and purposefully
- The art of programming
- Simple overlays and FX
Lesson 5: Going Deeper Into the Mix; The Analogies to Help Understand Mixing
- The concept of beat-matching
- Using the EQ for more in-depth overlap between songs
- Mixing like a songwriter
Lesson 6: The Concepts of DJing Revisited
- Track & set programming
- Planning your mixed and track order
- Making your mixes more dynamic
- Mixing in key
- Emphasizing sonic and arrangement elements in intransitions
Lesson 7: The CDJ’s In-depth; Using the Tools to Make More Interesting Mixes
- Using the features and controls of the CDJ to remix on the fly
- Looping, cue points, pitch control, slip and reverse
Lesson 8: The Mixer Revisited & a Deep Dive Into Effects!
- More advanced applications for the FX features
Lesson 9: Mixing Challenging Tracks
- Mixing different tempos, challenging rhythms and un-quantized tracks
Lesson 10: This Is It!
- Take what you’ve learned and craft a set!
- Plan your attack and have fun!